I was deathly afraid to tell her, but I wanted to in every which way. I wasn’t sure how she would take it, but there were moments when my emotions were overwhelmed by her, and I just had to say something.
She took me to see my favorite movie once, and no matter how many times I see it, I am like a giddy schoolgirl through it. I laugh, and speak dialogue along with the characters on the screen. Sitting there in that old theater, she heard every chuckle, burst of laughter, and she didn’t mind one bit.
When the hero gained the power to vanquish the villain, I turned to her. She looked at me, and I melted in her gaze. In that moment, I felt compelled to tell her what I felt for her, but I hesitated. I simply smiled, and swallowed the words back down from where they came.
Later, when we were lying next to one another, I knew she was sleeping by the frequency of her breaths did I tell her…
Well, sort of.
I first mouthed the words in the dark, but without breath behind them. It felt good to mouth them, and even though I knew she was sleeping, I still felt the pterodactyls in my stomach.
After what felt like an eternity of building up the courage did I say something to her as she lay next to me, and though it may not have came out right, had she heard me, I know she would get my meaning.
“Olive juice,” is what came out, and I held my breath as if I was waiting for a response, but of course none came. She was deep in sleep, and I silently laughed at myself. I felt a bit foolish, but I didn’t think it was a bad substitute for what I really meant to say.
Maybe one day I’ll have the courage to tell her, or should I say that maybe one day I’ll have the courage to hear her response? Yes, that’s it, and until I do, “olive juice” will have to do.
I hope you know that olive juice.
- vanillacream-hopesanddreams likes this
- failsian reblogged this from theincomplete
- hopeless-for-her reblogged this from theincomplete
- sonof-rageandlove reblogged this from theincomplete
- meowalways likes this
- strawbre reblogged this from theincomplete
- tylerbabyy likes this
- tarainside reblogged this from theincomplete
- somethingsneverlast reblogged this from theincomplete
- saxonluvins likes this
- chabs27 likes this
- athousandcleverlines18 likes this
- mooncake143 likes this
- inkforathought reblogged this from theincomplete and added:
- pomegranate-ice reblogged this from suuuriee and added:
- whostolemytarts likes this
- daydreamsonlooseleafpaper likes this
- girlvswhale likes this
- ridestheflame likes this
- il-y-a-toujours-demain likes this
- chimesandreel likes this
- myheartisfullofscars reblogged this from theincomplete
- boombingpow reblogged this from theincomplete
- somethingsneverlast likes this
- suuuriee reblogged this from theincomplete
- jikohozon likes this
- artisticalyhaze likes this
- electronslikeprotons reblogged this from theincomplete
- ericthai likes this
- jilly2u likes this
- beatenbones likes this
- vomittruth likes this
- jamiekin reblogged this from theincomplete
- crispymunchy likes this
- manfrommontreal likes this
- kimosabeks likes this
- suffrir likes this
- delusionalteen reblogged this from theincomplete
- shedefinesawesomeness likes this
- secretmedium likes this
- h0ll0w-oaktree likes this
- dusicyon29 likes this
- adoenamedjane likes this
- voguelagalerelove likes this
- itwasjustaphase likes this
- tiffney likes this
- naiveingenuity likes this
- twentytwelvemessiah likes this